During lockdown I have undertaken extensive training with the World Health Organisation, BABTAC, The Beauty Guild and others to learn about the Corona virus and how to prevent and control infection.
I have invested in a medical grade autoclave, extra sanitising solutions, clinical waste disposal and PPE so that when you come in for treatment you can be assured of a clean and infection free environment.
As a result I regretfully have to increase treatment prices: I can’t absorb the increases and I won’t compromise standards to save money, the only other alternative for me would be to close down. I appreciate this may influence your decision to return and I totally understand if you wish to take your custom elsewhere.
To those of you who choose to continue treatments I thank you for your understanding and continued support. Like many colleagues I donated my masks, gloves and other items to those most in need when the pandemic struck: the NHS is still facing shortages and businesses are struggling to obtain what we need.
I hope to see you all very soon.
SALON GUIDELINES: PLEASE READ FULLY
Our Commitment: I will provide you with a safe environment that complies with guidelines issued by Government and Warrington Borough Council
- I have undertaken a thorough review of the salon and the services I offer.
- I have rearranged the treatment area to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- All surfaces throughout the salon will be cleaned regularly and wiped with the appropriate cleaning product between each treatment.
- All items of equipment will be cleaned before and after every treatment. Metal tools will be cleaned and then sterilised in a medical grade autoclave.
- Single use items will be used where necessary, with sustainable alternatives kept where necessary.
- Windows will be kept open to ensure free flow of ventilation. Blankets and throws will no longer be in use but towels will be used and washed at min 60⁰C after every use.
- I have reviewed, amended and removed some treatments to comply with Government guidelines
- I will wash my hands before and after every treatment and will be wearing gloves, mask and other personal protective equipment (PPE) during treatments where required
- I will stay with you throughout your treatment to reduce the need to replace PPE and minimise infection.
Guest Arrival and Reception
- Please arrive for your appointment at the agreed time. Text to tell me you are here and wait to receive text to enter. Stay in your vehicle if possible or sit in the upstairs waiting area if safe to do so. I cannot leave the salon to greet you as it would compromise my PPE. The buzzer will only need to be used if the main door is closed (probably after 5pm).
- I will stagger appointment times to maximise social distancing. The waiting area will be cleaned regularly. Please understand that late arrivals of more than five minutes will be refused entry or have their treatment time reduced, as I need time to clean between clients. It would be unfair to keep others waiting and impact on social distancing measures.
- I will text a reminder 24-48 hours prior to your appointment: please reply to confirm or cancel with a Yes or No. I understand that sometimes events are beyond our control but persistent late cancellations will affect future booking availability. This does not apply if you or anyone you live with shows symptoms of Covid-19 – cancel immediately and I will rebook you in after the period of self isolation or when you have recovered fully from the disease. Please ensure I have the correct contact details for you and update me if these change.
- Payment by card or bank transfer is preferable where possible but not essential at this time.
Customer Cooperation and Compliance
- You will be required to use the Hand Sanitiser provided on entry to the treatment room.
- Please bring a mask with you unless your treatment is on the face: if you do not bring a mask you will be refused treatment or asked to purchase one of my masks at a cost of £5.00. My masks are N95 and very hard to source, this is how much I have had to pay. Also every mask taken is one less client I can treat. The type of mask you bring yourself is totally up to you: it is required to reduce the risk of infection.
Please do not come to the salon if you or anyone you live with is self-isolating or is displaying symptoms known to be consistent with Covid-19.
Thank you all for your understanding and support during this difficult time. If you need advice on this or any other matter please contact me. I may have to amend these guidelines depending on Government policy changes.
Stay Safe xx